Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Good Morning...World's longest skid marks

No, not in Dolemite's drawers.

October 15, 1964: The longest skid marks on record

44 years ago on this day in 1964, while trying to set a new one mile land-speed record, Craig Breedlove inadvertently set another kind of record after he lost control of the Spirit of America jet-powered car on the Bonneville Salt Flats testing area in Utah.

The vehicle began a skid moments into the run, taking nearly six miles to decelerate from an initial speed of well over 400mph. When the dust cleared, Breedlove emerged shaken from the vehicle as the not-so-proud record-holder for the longest skid marks ever recorded.

Nevertheless, Breedlove, who already held the land-speed record, did manage to break the 500mph speed barrier that year, just as he had broken the 400mph barrier the year before, and just as he would surpass 600mph in the year following.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Good Morning...World's longest skid marks

That is impressive but just may be the most disgusting thread title ever.
    If you see Longhorn football player on a bike, why don't you swerve to hit him?
    It might be your bike!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

I used to get the Guinness Book of World Records every year as a kid starting in 1975; longest skid marks was always one of my favorites.

Longest fingernails creeped me the hell out. I would be sure to always skip page 39 of the '75 edition so I wouldn't see the picture of that dude.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

vCash

texas hobo has the world's longest skidmarks...

It's just not documented.

Administrator
    vCash

This isn't true.

The longest skidmarks ever were made in the parking lot of the old Boogie Hill bar up on Porter/Sunnylane.

I was teaching an accident investigation class and a bunch of us went to Boogie Hill to unwind. Some big loudmouth from Wisconsin - via NYC - started hitting on some hot cowboy chick. The cowboy dude she was with politely asked him to knock it off, that was his wife. Loudmouth wouldn't quit, and he also was insulting everybody - including the barkeep who had brought in a big crockpot of rabbit stew. He was all "WTF is this ****? Rabbit? Only a galdamn hillbilly would eat that ****."

Anyhow, an hour or so later, he goes up to the pool table where the hot cowboy chick is playing pool with her hubby, and makes some comment about the way her Wranglers displayed her camel toe. The cowboy dude whispered something to him, and they both go out the back door. I wait about 5 minutes, and some of my students and I go out there. It had started snowing and there was a light dusting on the ground and on the cars.

A skidmark started right outside the back door, and we began to follow it through the parking lot. It went between cars, up over the curb, and back into the parking lot. About that time we hear this crunching sound, and we follow the marks up to the hood of a pickup. Seems that cowboy dude carried a pool ball outside, and once in the parking lot split loudmouth's forehead with it. When he went down, cowboy dude commenced to kicking him as he was crawling trying to get away. Kicked him all over half of Cleveland County until he collapsed on the hood of somebody's truck - where cowboy dude was patiently ramming his head into the grill.

The worst part of the story is that the loudmouth was also a student from a different class. I had to do all kinds of paperwork, and was subpoaned (sic?) to testify at the civil trial that followed. When his lawyer interviewed me, he decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to testify and I never did go to court. I heard a while later that criminal charges were all dropped, and cowboy dude won the civil deal based on self-defense.

vCash

A very touching story.

Moral: Never let a Cowboy put his ball on your forehead.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    A very touching story.

Moral: Never let a Cowboy put his ball on your forehead.
    The funniest part was all my accident investigation students were going "so, what is the coefficient of friction for a fatass skidding on lightly snow covered asphalt...? somebody get out the table and figure out the speed at which he was getting kicked across the parking lot?"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Best threadjack ever.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The funniest part was all my accident investigation students were going "so, what is the coefficient of friction for a fatass skidding on lightly snow covered asphalt...? somebody get out the table and figure out the speed at which he was getting kicked across the parking lot?"
    That made me laugh.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Classsic.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR THREAD, HOMEY!!
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

BTW, I thought this thread was just a continuation of the discussion we were having yesterday about the toilet in the Tower of London that dumped poo several stories down the side of the White Tower.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Classsic.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR THREAD, HOMEY!!
    not a problem. I'm just happy people still read them.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

TELL ME THIS **** AIN'T CREEPY AS HELL!!

We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

I guess that peckerwood don't post much on the South Oval.

vCash

Oh man. I remember that guy with the nails from my Guinness Book. Creeped my eight-year-old a** right the f*** out. I loved my Guinness Book though.

And then later, when I realized that the makers of the Guinness Book were also the makers of, you know...Guinness, why it occurred to me that those crazy micks have had quite the positive influence on my life.

I wonder if Irish folks ever went poo down a wall?

vCash

Ever? They still do. Crazy Irish.

vCash

Dude... check this one out: Most fingers and toes on a living person...CREEPY!

vCash

Hee hee. Gross. World's loudest burp:

The world's loudest burp measured from a distance of 2.5 m (8ft 2 in)and 1 m (3 ft 3 in) high, read 104.9 dB on a certified and calibrated class 1 precision measuring noise level meter, and was achieved by Paul Hunn (UK) at the offices of Guinness World Records, London, UK, on July 20, 2004.
    That's almost as loud as the front row at a rock concert. Cool!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO View Post
    TELL ME THIS **** AIN'T CREEPY AS HELL!!

Heh. You should see my toe nails.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten View Post
    Dude... check this one out: Most fingers and toes on a living person...CREEPY!

Its a good thing that's qualified by "living person," cuz otherwise, a hillbilly could certainly sew a couple dozen digits on his dead Aunt Margaret and make the book.